Predictable soft and hard tissue regeneration, so crucial to the clinical success of each case is highly dependent on the appropriate selection of material as well as the technique and approach. With abundance of newer materials on the market, the clinician is given the task to marry the right material and technique, often without much scientific guidance.
This 2-days of intense lecture, video, and hands-on workshop will focus on all aspects of soft tissue handling and techniques, as well as the fundamental understanding a clinician needs to master this very tricky area. The instructor will review the existing evidence on the science of osseointegration, and clinical studies that validate long-term health of dental implant restorations. What is the role of soft tissue in all this? What should the home care, and professional maintenance protocol be?
Do the materials, techniques, and implant systems that a clinician chooses have any bearing on these factors? The presenter will highlight various innovations in soft and hard tissue handling techniques in recent years.
Dr. Jin Y. Kim is a 1986 graduate of dental school at University of Sydney, Australia.
He completed specialty training in Periodontics at UCLA School of Dentistry in 1998.
Jin is board-certified by the American Board of Periodontology, and the American Board of Oral Implantology, making him a unique and rare dual board-certified specialist. He was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Dentists (FACD) in 2012. Jin has advanced degrees in Pathology, Public Health, and Oral Biology, and has been in general practice and academia for years prior to starting his career in Periodontology.
Apart from specialty private practices in Diamond Bar, and West Garden Grove, California, Dr. Kim is currently engaged in teaching dental students, residents and fellow dental professionals as a sought-out international speaker. He has spoken at national and international meetings in over 36 countries worldwide to date. Dr. Kim has been a consultant to numerous dental implant and device manufacturers. His research has been published in respected scientific journals such as Journal of Periodontology, Annals of Periodontology, Dental Implantology Update, Journal of Dental Research, Practical Periodontics and Aesthetic Dentistry, International Journal of Periodontics and Restorative Dentistry, and in several dental textbooks.
He has translated a popular implant textbook into Korean language and has contributed to a book chapter in a textbook. He was a lecturer at University of Sydney and UCLA School of Dentistry, and currently holds the clinical professorship at several universities. He has served as a past president of Western Society of Periodontology (WSP). He was the scientific chair of 2016 ICOI Summer Symposium, 2018 World Congress of Ultrasonic Piezoelectric Bone Surgery (WCUPS) in Los Angeles and has co-chaired the GDIA USA Symposium in 2013, 2017, and in 2018.
• The role of soft tissue in teeth and around dental implants
• Soft tissue graft biology and healing
• Indications for epithelial graft and sub-epithelial connective tissue graft
• Fundamentals of successful allogenic tissue usage
• When to use acellular dermis or autogenous grafts
• Platelet-rich fibrin (PRF) indications, preparation and use
• Venipuncture for blood collection
• Rationale and use of enamel matrix derivative
• Root treatment to maximize long-term success
• Root coverage techniques
• Pedicle flap designs and techniques
• Palatal harvesting techniques
• Soft tissue grafting with concurrent GBR therapy
• Flap designs for GBR procedures
• Soft tissue enhancement with socket grafting
• Simplified flap designs and suturing techniques
• Soft tissue grafting at implant placement
• Soft tissue site modification at the time of implant placement, uncovery or provisionalization
• Soft tissue handling in the maxillary sinus graft procedures
• Instruments and armamentarium
• Flap modifications for secure primary closure
• Various closure materials (Louis Button®) and surgical techniques
• Pharmcological aspects of soft tissue surgery
• Use of anti-oxidants to enhance healing potential
• Pre/post surgical considerations and complications
• Decision trees for material and technique selection
June 29, 2019 9:00 AM
June 30, 2019 9:00 AM
© 2019 Minimax Implant All Rights Reserved
Association SupportProduct Catalogues